Thursday, September 19, 2013

Welcome to the Updated Reader, Rider and Rooster Blog

I like big blogs I cannot lie!

Thanks for joining me on my updated reading blog. A Reader, a Rider and a Rooster is an all encompassing blog where one can find links to my literary adventures as well as my cycling ones.



I started blogging in 2009 to track my training for a bike ride across the United States.


Returning from my transcontinental ride, A Reader, A Rider and a Rooster was going to be the all encompassing blog allowing me to  blog about both of my passions - reading and cycling.  The intention was to blog about both subjects in one blog.  However as luck would have it, I happened to land a "job" as a blogger writing about all things cycling for the Clarion Ledger, our local paper here in Jackson, Mississippi.




So, A Reader, a Rider and a Rooster is primarily about my other passion - reading literary fiction.  I am involved with BookerMarks, a Man Booker Prize shadow project.  I also love to follow the other major literary awards including the National Book Awards (the long list for fiction will be published  today), the Woman's Prize and the BEST BOOK AWARD EVER - The Tournament of Books.

What is up with the Rooster, you ask?  Well, I will tell you his story in another blog!

Thanks for joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment